A Valentine's Day Giveaway! Plus Creative Movement Activities, Books, & Songs
It's hard to believe that we are already in the second month of 2023. For us at Bear Paw Creek, January flew by! Which also means that Valentine's Day is in just a couple of weeks. Several years ago we made some custom hoop streamers with ribbons that have hearts going up and down, making them perfect for Valentine's Day or to add something different and new to your creative movement activities.
We have had what was left from the custom order in our stock room for several years and have decided it's finally time to do something with them. So, we are doing something we love to do, a giveaway!
Keep reading to get all the details on the giveaway along with some fun Valentine's Day themed activities you can do with your children.
Classroom Set Giveaway!
This giveaway contains twenty four custom hoop ribbon streamers and twenty four of our fifteen inch scarves, making it perfect for classroom use or in group sessions! You could also find fun ways to use the streamers and scarves at home.
Streamers have been one of our top best selling creative movement props since the beginning. They are great fun for dynamic movement activities and dance!
The scarves have been a more recent addition and are quickly growing in popularity. Our vibrant colored chiffon scarves stimulate the senses, encourage creative movement, and improve auditory focus for the participants. We offer several different scarf kits as well as individual scarves to fit your needs. Combine these two products together and the options for activities are endless!
You can enter this giveaway by going to our social media pages! Click here to enter on Instagram. And click here to enter on Facebook. (HINT: Enter both places for even more entries!)
Valentine's Day Activities and Songs
There are thousands of different activities, songs, books, and crafts that the options can sometimes be overwhelming. If you're like me, a quick search to find a craft or activity ends up turning in to an hour of seeing so many great ideas and ending up with a list of 20 or more, in each category!
This year we're making it easy and have compiled a list of some of our favorite resources for you to utilize this Valentine's Day. Plus, we can all use a reminder about love and friendship more than just once a year, right? The songs, books, and activities linked below can easily be adapted to use on more than one occasion.
5 Kid-Friendly Songs About Love & Friendship for Valentine's Day
- "I Am K-I-N-D" by Stephanie Leavell
- "Listen, Learn, Love!" Album by Listen & Learn Music
- "You've Got A Friend In Me" by Randy Newman
- "L-O-V-E" by Nat King Cole
- "Open Your Heart" by Laurie Berkner
5 Valentine's Day Themed Crafts & Creative Movement Activities
- Musical Hearts: A Gross Motor Game for Kids
- Free Printable Memory Game
- Valentine's Day Creative Movement Activity with Scarves
- Gratitude Jar (Printable Version!)
- Free Valentine's Day Themed Coloring Pages
5 Books About Love, Friendship, and Teamwork
- Snuggle Puppy! by Sandra Boynton (Read Aloud Version)
- The Biggest Valentine Ever by Steven Kroll (Read Aloud Version)
- Little Blue Truck's Valentine by Alice Schertle (Read Aloud Version)
- Pete the Cat: Valentine's Day Is Cool by Kimberly & James Dean (Read Aloud Version)
- The Day It Rained Hearts by Felicia Bond (Read Aloud Version)
I hope you find these resources to be helpful, fun, and educational. I also can't wait to see who the winner of our giveaway is, have a Happy Valentine's Day!