Once Upon A Dance Creative Movement Collaboration & Giveaway!
At Bear Paw Creek, one thing we love to do is collaborate with other businesses. Getting to connect with people and their businesses is one of our favorite things and has been a great source of new friendships, support, new products, activity ideas, and much more.
We are very excited to announce our newest collaboration with Once Upon A Dance, a mother-daughter team who’s created 21 creative movement and dance books. Teacher Terrel is an award-winning dance instructor, and her daughter Konora dances with Ballet Idaho.
It's really neat to be able to connect with a fellow mother-daughter team. When looking at their website and YouTube channel, we ran across this video. It made me laugh because that is the same thing that happens when my mom (Janet Stephens) and I try to record a video, we end up with 80% of them being bloopers!
Watch it for a laugh/smile and keep reading to find out more about Once Upon A Dance's books and how we're celebrating our new partnership with an awesome giveaway worth over $70!
Creative Movement Dance Books
Once Upon A Dance has a bounty of great books and resources, we especially love the Dance-It-Out! creative movement stories for kids ages 4-7. The series contains 18 books, each book is an independent story ready for the imagination stage and has its own unique feel: different sets, costumes, and choreography.
Another unique and really cool thing about Once Upon A Dance's books is that Ballerina Konora joins each page with creative movement suggestions. Making them perfect for music and movement activities using some of our products like scarves, streamers, and more.
On top of the Dance-It-Out! book series, the Once Upon A Dance catalog includes series for older audiences as well:
• Dancing Shapes: Ballet and Body Awareness for Young Dancers series for kids ages 6+ explores the details of dance, offers a mini-ballet lesson, and provides a gorgeous glimpse into Ballerina Konora’s path to becoming a professional dancer.
• Konora’s Shapes is a terrific resource for physical fun with kids. The creative movement and team building activity suggestions, along with pose photographs, increase body awareness and allow for creative expression.
• Ballet Inspiration and Choreography Concepts debuts with Dance Stance, a “superb tool for ballet beginners focusing on the importance of posture and balance.” (The Wishing Shelf) for children ages 8-12. “Once Upon a Dance inspires children to dance with joy, relax, and enjoy the process.” (Readers’ Favorite)
Read about Bear Paw Creek's newest collaboration with Once Upon A Dance and check out the celebratory giveaway! Click To Tweet
Celebrating With a Giveaway
If you follow us on social media, you know we love to do giveaways! To celebrate our newest partnership, we have decided to do just that. We are giving away:
- Six creative movement story favorites from the Dance-It-Out! collection
- A dragon friend to partner with while enjoying Dayana, Dax, and the Dancing Dragon
- A Unicorn horn headband for extra fun chassés in Princess Naomi Helps a Unicorn
- One Bear Paw Creek rainbow streamer to help you move amidst the rainbow in Belluna’s Big Adventure in the Sky
- One Bear Paw Creek scarf to open the curtain and dance along in Danika’s Dancing Day
To enter the giveaway, head on over to our Facebook or Instagram page (or both for more entries!), click on the giveaway post and follow the instructions to enter.
We can't wait for you to check out all the amazing resources Once Upon A Dance has to offer and also look forward to further exploring the ways we can use them with our products. Who knows, maybe a kit combining our products together is in the future!
For more books and teacher resources including a classroom stem guide, visit OnceUponADance.com. For instructional dance videos and more, check out the Once Upon A Dance YouTube channel. To see all of the music and movement products we offer, including personal student kits, click here!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.