Music Memories and Mewsic Moves Glee Choir
A Trip Down My Musical Memory Lane
- My Mom dancing around the house cleaning to music she called “sock hop.”
- My Dad driving down the road listening to Eddie Arnold’s “Cattle Call” – and touching the back of my arm: “You feel that?” he’d say. “Goosebumps.”
- Singing “I’m a Little Teapot” with actions, in the kitchen to my Mom.
- Joining in singing hymns at church. Listening to records. Holiday music and sing-alongs at the neighbors.
- My brother blasting (and I mean blasting!) 80’s rock or country music while heading to fish.
- My sister and I singing “Found a Peanut” and “There’s a Hole in My Bucket ” while doing dishes.
- Later playing piano, trumpet, and marching in LVW.
- Music was such an integral part of my growing up, shaping and forming part of who I am.
- Now with my children, it continues on. We’ve been blessed to land in a part of the country where people still meet to play music together and the older generation opens their arms to the youth.